- email@example.com (Discussion and questions list)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Announcement only list)
- email@example.com (Developers and contributors list)
Please help us managing incoming mail by following a few rules when you write to any of the fvwm related mailing list:
- When quoting previous mails in a discussion, please put your replies below the quoted portions of the text.
- Quote all relevant parts of the original mail in a reply.
- Type about 66 to 72 characters per line.
- Insert line breaks manually, even if your email program does it for you.
- Always specify the fvwm version you use when asking questions or reporting problems.
They are maintained by Jason Tibbitts, and are Majordomo based mailing lists. To subscribe to a list, send “subscribe” in the body of a message to the appropriate *-request address.
To unsubscribe from the list, send “unsubscribe” in the body of a message to the appropriate *-request address.
*-request addresses are:
Subscription requests sent to the list will be ignored!
Please follow the above instructions for subscribing properly.
To report problems with any of the mailing lists, send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mailing lists are archived:
The FVWM Forums are located at
The forums are a collection of questions, answers and discussions from users of fvwm. They are not official in a sense that they are maintained by fvwm developers, but you can find answers to many questions there and there is a chance a developer may answer your question.
The following IRC channel is also available to discuss fvwm related topics or to get help. They are not official in a sense that the fvwm developers maintain them, but there is a chance to meet some of the developers there: